Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Pressing.

7/13/11

Probably not enough food leading up to today. Salmon/squash for breakfast, carnitas/veggies/guac for lunch.

Warmup: 3x8 press, 45# bar
*Was running late leaving work so didn't warm up my shoulder like I wanted to. Seemed to be okay during the workout though, although my rear delt felt icky all day. I think it is really aggravated by the laptop position. Not entirely sure what the solution to this would be though...

Strength: 6x5 Press, 87% of max (65#)
All sets felt fast and pretty easy. Recovery between sets was really good. I didn't keep track of how long I rested but it wasn't an inordinate length of time.

Assistance Work:
A: Banded Front Squats - 45# bar + light bands, 3x12
B: Pendlay Rows, 65#, 3x12 (had to work to get in the correct positioning with this. Damn you hamstrings).
*superset the above. 

C: 4x10, partner assisted glute ham raises. Um, this felt 1000% better than it did last week. Unbelieveable. Something is working.

Cashout: Farmer's Walk, 2pd KB/hand, 5 @ 60 ft (30ft each way, approx).
These felt awesome. Fast feet. Freaking love farmer carries.

Now I am eating a crapton of turkey and asparagus, and it is delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment