Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 7 & 8.

Day 7...
was weird. Not sure I was on any kind of tier yesterday. 

I woke up several times during the night with nausea, to the point that I was hypersalivating like I was going to puke. I don't remember how late I slept but I'm not sure I would call it "good sleep." Then my stomach was feeling icky so nothing really sounded appetizing to me, so I spent the morning on the couch trying to get my appetite back. Then had Angel's concert and didn't eat before I left. Had a few bites of banana at intermission but by the time the concert was over, we got back from Manayunk, went to the grocery store, and came home and cooked, I think it was about 7pm and I was having my first meal. It was only 60% good. I was starving in the car (obviously) so I ate a few bites of cheese. We ended up making tacos and I was so hungry I ate four - ground beef, homemade seasoning, salsa, guacamole, a sprinkle of cheese - accompanied by a big pile of sauteed peppers and onions. Tried to catch up on drinking a lot of water.

I did take my fish oil and Natural Calm last night, so that's a plus. 

Went to bed around 11 I think - by the time we cooked, ate, cleaned up, it was late. 

So, I don't think I want to count yesterday as an "on-point" day. I mean, it wasn't horrible, but it wasn't very tightened up. 

And now I'm sitting here drinking water and getting ready to go to class and I feel very tired, sluggish, and weak right now. May head back to bed. I hate getting sick. 

Update.

Day 8.

Went back to bed and dozed til 7:30. And now I regret not going to the 6am, because I have an early work seminar tomorrow AND a late conference call that'll prevent me from getting to any of the sessions. Le sigh. 

Didn't eat anything all morning except 2 cups of coffee. 

Broke the fast at 12:30 with lunch - 2 cups baby spinach, about 1.5 cups meatloaf (ground beef, celery, onions, grated carrots, sofrito, a little coconut flour for binding) and 1 sweet potato with a tsp of butter. And I ate one piece of Elena's salmon avocado sushi. 

And now my stomach is jumping around again. Hmm.
About 50 ounces of water so far today. I feel pretty dehydrated.   

Pre-Baseball Game Dinner:
More meatloaf on a big bed of baby spinach, topped with 1 tbsp guacamole and about 3 tbsp salsa. 2 squares 90% dark chocolate.

We're going to dollar dog night at the Phillies. I'll probably have a hot dog and not worry too much about it. Overall carbs have been really low and cals have not been high either today. 

*3 hotdogs at the game. Nothing else except a sip of beer and 1 bite of ice cream. Stood and moved around for almost 5 hours (thanks Phils). When I got home I had pretty significant gastrointestinal distress. Duly noted. 

Today is back to normal/routine, thank god.

No comments:

Post a Comment