Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Playing Catchup

Monday 6/20/11 had an all day golf tournament (out the door at 7:30am, back at 8:30pm, no time to train). For the best though, I was still sore and creaky. Ate the best I could at the tournament: burger, toppings, no bun and salad for lunch, then roast beef and salad for dinner, and some chicken things that may have been questionably cooked in oil but I was ready to faint from hunger. Drank a ton of water, was out in the sun, fully Vitamin D'd up.

Tues 6/21/11

Only about 4 hours of sleep last night and dragging like hell today. Huge coffee before training.

Snatch, 5x2 @ 60% of 1RM. Since my 1RM is untested I went with 65#. Working on emphasizing the shrug and avoiding arm bend. Must address problem of hitting boobs with bar.

Metcon:

6 rounds for time
Farmer's walk, 1.5pd kettlebells, 1/2 of Chancellor and back (about 40m each way)
Sprint 1/2 Chancellor and back

=8:00 flat

Wrists, shoulders, traps crying. Must incorporate more farmer's walking. This was brutal. Also, carrying the bells back into the gym was super cruel.

Today ate: lots of ground turkey and guacamole and some fruit. Weird day. Beef w/ onions and peppers, some dates, and tea at dinner before my class. Hungry right now. Super duper craving sugar, and I know it's because I'm tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment