Friday, June 24, 2011

Training @ 6am:

*Sleep at 11:30 last night. Not ideal. Had a tall iced redeye on my way in, it got me going, but I really need to get to bed earlier. Oh well.


*Right side of my back and my left hip feel tight. Probably from volume this week. Getting a massage at 3:30 today, YES.

Hit the lax ball and foam roller, then did the group warmup. Include gastro/soleus stretch, 1min each leg, and 90/90 box stretch (which is when I noticed my left hip was tighter than my right)

1 minute single leg squat hold, each leg.

Metcon: NANCY

5 rounds
400m run
15 OHS @ 65#
=19:17

First time doing this totally RX'd! I'd done the RX'd weight before but only for 3 rounds. Really pleased that I got sub-20. Also made a committment to myself that each run would be unbroken, and they were - although they felt SLOOOOOOWWWWW. First three sets of OHS were unbroken. Could feel fatigue in my glutes from yesterday. Also was pinching something in my left hand that made it get tingly but a few hours later it seems to have gotten back to normal.

After the WOD I had ground turkey and pureed pumpkin w/ ghee.

No comments:

Post a Comment