Tuesday, May 10, 2011

5/10/11 6am
Not enough sleep. Not enough food yesterday.

Iced coffee.

Warmup: 3 rounds, 5 supinated pullup-LB/10sec handstand hold/15 wall squats

strength: Thruster, 1RM
45, 55, 65, 75 and called it. Right shoulder felt pinchy. Really not terribly concerned with having a spectacularly heavy thruster - the ROM is not good for my shoulder and if I need to, I will front squat and push press or jerk it. So.

JACKIE
1000m row
50 thrusters (45#)
30 pullups (LB)
=13:39

Meh. Gassed out entirely on the row. I almost PR'd it at 4:10ish - best ever is 4:01 in the middle of a 2k, 2nd best is 4:05 a couple weeks ago. Had to break up the thrusters way too much. Should have been like, 25 and 25. Bleh. Grip went on the pullups.

So, not thrilled. But looking forward to coming back to this one on a day following good food and good sleep.

Also, i say that too much. I just need to eat well and sleep well constantly and then I won't need to do these workouts on an empty tank. Hmph. Also other thing to focus on over the next couple weeks - pick the thing that I'm worst at and save my energy for that. In this case, going all out on the row was stupid. I'm good at rowing. I don't need to use up my energy on that.

Quote:
Saturday, 3/14/09

Visited CrossFit York

JACKIE
1000 m row
50 thrusters (used a 35# bar then scaled it halfway through to a 15# bar...haven't rowed in awhile and forgot how much it would shred my shoulders/legs)
30 pullups (assisted with green band)

14:49 total

FUN STUFF. The rower totally effed me up. I forgot how difficult 1000 meters is on that thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment