Saturday, May 14, 2011

She runs.

5/14/11 8:30 AM

5K run at Cooper River

= 30:42

It was chilly. Wore my pumas. Didn't feel really warm until about a mile in.

I wasn't really winded but my legs were burning. Was very AWARE of my poor running form as opposed to blithely running like crap, haha. Also had the typical metcon mentality of "ok, if I run faster, this will be over sooner, but it'll suck more. Decisions."

Looking forward to getting this time down substantially with some endurance and form work. Tony kept telling me to relax my arms and hands, I could feel that my left shoulder was getting a little funky so I must not have been doing the relaxing part that well.

BUT considering that my last 5K run was 33 minutes and some change, and that was in 2009, and I haven't done any long distance running since then with the exception of 2 1 mile time trials 2 weeks ago, I feel pretty good about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment