Monday, May 2, 2011

Day 31.

Beginning a countdown.

Sleep: 7 hours (was up late watching the news)

Breakfast: Coffee, ate green bell pepper strips dipped in my homemade sauce from last night. Yummer.

Lunch: Chicken thighs, spinach, some guacamole and grilled veggies. 

The Ugly: A few pieces of candy. Last sugar for the month. 

Hydration: About 80 ounces of water already.

Dinner:
Spaghetti squash, homemade marinara sauce, ground beef. Spinach. 

Training: 
5:30 @ CFCC

"Power Elizabeth" aka my nemesis WOD.

21-15-9
95# power cleans
ring dips (I used the mini band, holy crap, where did those come from?)
=13:09

So. The ring dips were not pretty and it would be nice to get these strung together. End of the summer goal.
HOWEVER. I went from crying and DNF'ing this after 20 minutes of hell, working with a freaking 50# sandbag to finishing in 13:09 thisclose to RX'd. Pat on the back to me.

95# cleans felt awesome today. Don't know if it was different shoes (I used Drew's pumas since I left mine at home by accident) or just coming in recovered/fed.

Quote:
Thursday, September 3rd 2009 (7:00 AM)

WOD: "Elizabeth" aka "Meghan's Nemesis"
21-15-9
SB cleans (squat cleans)
ring dips

=19:51

1. Elizabeth is my nemesis. If I'm not perfectly and I mean PERFECTLY prepped for this (eating/energy wise), this one chews me up and spits me out. Every. Single. Time.
2. I did NOT eat enough before this. Well...should have eaten more last night to carry me through this. A few pecans didn't do it at all. Vision started getting blurry and fuzzy after round 1 (50# SB and purple band dips).
3. Downshifted to 25# SB and green band dips for Round 2 and 3 for the sake of finishing.
4. Pro and Liz were hauling *** with 75# sandbags. You guys rock.
5. Am still feeling shaky now, as I write this, 4 hours after the fact. But I have no appetite. Weird. Big lunch then.
6. Work is busy crazy as hell.

Friday, May 1, 2009:
"Elizabeth"
21-15-9
50# Sandbag cleans
ring dips (scaled to toes on the stool)

Time=20:05 (DNF)

This sucked a bunch of ***. Bad day, was exhausted and distracted. Got so frustrated I cried during a few minutes of this, heh. Couldn't keep my back arched and muscled a bunch of the cleans, made my low back sore. Not my best day. Elizabeth and I will meet again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment