Monday, May 23, 2011

Not much to report in terms of awesomeness the weekend. Had some calf/ankle issues that kept me from doing the 1.5 mile time trial on Saturday, so I'm going to try and sneak that in this week sometime (maybe over the weekend at the lake). Team WOD in the park Sunday, my energy felt low, but it was fun to wrangle the sandbags again.

5/23/11, 6am
Sleep - 6 hours? 

Foam rolled, warmed up, lat/shoulder opening mobility WOD with the band (love this).

Strength: in 10 minutes find your peak press (from the floor)
45, 55, 65, 75, 80F, 80
*failed on 80 but reeeally wanted it. Focused on planting my feet/spreading the floor and the second attempt flew up, which makes me think that I probably have 85. 

Metcon:
7 rounds
5 thrusters @ 100% of peak press (80#, kill me)
7 bar burpees (burpee/jump over the bar/burpee)
=12:12

Horrible. Just horrible. My shoulders are still completely smoked. The penalty for breaking up the thrusters was another round, so yeah. Refused to drop. Also focused on more of a front squat into a push press for the first couple of rounds until my shoulders warmed up.




No comments:

Post a Comment