Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wednesday: Too much of the bad, not enough of the good. Really need to make an effort to get outside a lot during the day. As much as possible, really. 

Some good stuff, trainingwise:

Crossfit Endurance @ 5:30:
1 min on, 1 min off, 1 min on, 50 sec off, 1 min on, 40 sec off, 1 min on, 30 sec off, 1 min on 20 sec off, 1 min on, 10 sec off, then go back up the ladder until you finish with 1 min on, 50 sec off, 1 min on.

I didn't measure my distance (we just went back and forth up one side of Washington Square park), and my focus was on not dying and keeping my arm position right and not heel striking. Looking forward to trying this again, and dying less. 

Then dropped in the 6:30 session: 
Some amaaaaaazing leg stretches that I'm actually really glad I did, because my legs aren't sore next day from the running at ALL. 

Snatch Drills w/ PVC 

Power: Every minute for 10 minutes, do 1 snatch. Move up in weight each time. 
Warmed up with 29#, then did 45, 55, 65, 75, 85, 85, 85, 85, 85.

85 is a PR - but I know I have more than that in me. I was tired from running, I didn't fuel well today, and I just need more practice. The 3rd pull of both the clean and the snatch is not my friend. Soon though - and it's encouraging to see that I can get that far even barely dropping under the bar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment