Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Training Fail.

5/11/11
7pm-ish

Wasn't planning on going then thought I had time so performed some miracles to sneak into the 6:30 session late. In Elena's sneakers, Erin's shorts, and a CFCC tshirt because I hadn't brought any of my own.

Also, full disclosure and I TOTALLY regret this, but I ate a bunch of sweet potato fries at happy hour right before this. Didn't drink, thank God, but I immediately regretted having food in my system of any kind as soon as I got in the car.

Because....

2x500m rows, rest as needed between attempts.

1st attempt - 1.49.5
*PR! My last 500m was 1.52. This one, the footstraps were coming undone for the last 150 m so I didn't have anything to push off of. Thus, had a ton of gas left in the tank. THUS, could have smoked this even more. So that made me happy.

But then, I started getting horrible stomach cramps. Like, get me home NOW stomach cramps. So, there. We've all learned something today. Never eat before rowing. Evereverever. I went home. Didn't want to puke all over the C2, after all.

Another 500m attempt soon. Like, Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment